Fixed Broadband Wireless System Design
Harry R. Anderson
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2003-03-14
- 售價: $1,100
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,045
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 528
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470844388
- ISBN-13: 9780470844380
貴賓價: $1,108WiMax Operator's Manual
貴賓價: $1,862OFDM and MC-CDMA for Broadband Multi-User Communications, WLANs and Broadcasting
售價: $1,0503G Wireless with WiMAX and Wi-Fi (Hardcover)
Fixed broadband wireless systems provide an alternative solution for the "last mile" delivery of high-speed Internet and other data services to businesses and homes.
Two-way wireless connections can be deployed more rapidly and less expensively than traditional optical fiber, coaxial cable, or wired telephone connections. Fixed broadband networks can also provide much higher data rates and capacity than the currently envisioned 3G and 4G cellular systems. Achieving these higher data rates and capacity is a result of the unique technical properties of fixed wireless systems, in particular, the use of high gain directional antennas, wide frequency bands, dynamic data rate allocation, and advanced multiple access techniques.
- Provides a comprehensive discussion of the fundamental elements of fixed
- Details the technologies that are currently being developed or deployed for fixed broadband wireless communications including W-CDMA.OFDM, FDD/TDD, MIMO, smart antennas, free space optics (FSO), Wi-Fi and more
- Features in-depth explanations of fixed wireless network design techniques for point-to-point (PTP) microwave links and point-to-multipoint (PMP) networks, as well as strategies for optimum channel planning and network layout
- Describes practical system design methods using the most advanced propagation and fading models for line-of-sight (LOS) and non-line-of-sight (NLOS) networks operating in urban, suburban and rural environments
- Includes new research results for modeling mixed-application packet traffic capacity demands in multipoint networks
Based on the author's wealth of research and industrial experience, this volume will be extremely useful and informative for RF engineers currently involved in the development, design and deployment of fixed broadband wireless systems. It will also be a valuable reference for technical managers, equipment suppliers, academics and postgraduate students.Table of Contents
Fixed Broadband Wireless Systems.
Electromagnetic Wave Propagation.
Propagation and Channel Modes.
Propagation Environment Models.
Fixed Wireless Antenna Systems.
Modulation, Equalizers, and Coding.
Traffic and Application Mix Models.
Single and Multilink System Design.
Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) Network Design.
Channel Assignment Strategies.
Appendix A: Atmospheric and Rain Data.
Appendix B: PDF of a Signal with Interference and Noise.