Superconductivity: Physics and Applications
Kristian Fossheim, Asle Sudboe
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-06-07
- 售價: $1,400
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,372
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 442
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470844523
- ISBN-13: 9780470844526
Superconductivity: Physics and Applications brings together major developments that have occurred within the field over the past twenty years. Taking a truly modern approach to the subject the authors provide an interesting and accessible introduction.
Brings a fresh approach to the physics of superconductivity based both on the well established and convergent picture for most low-Tc superconductors, provided by the BCS theory at the microscopic level, and London and Ginzburg-Landau theories at the phenomenological level, as well as on experiences gathered in high-Tc research in recent years.
- Includes end of chapter problems and numerous relevant examples
- Features brief interviews with key researchers in the field
- A prominent feature of the book is the use of SI units throughout, in contrast to many of the current textbooks on the subject which tend to use cgs units and are considered to be outdated
Table of Contents:
I: BASIC TOPICS.
1. What is superconductivity? A brief overview.
2. Superconducting materials.
3. Fermi-liquids and attractive interactions.
4.The superconducting state. An electronic condensate.
5. Weak Links and Josephson Effects.
6. London Approximation to Ginzburg-Landau Theory (constant).
7. Applications of Ginzburg- Landau Theory (spatially varying).
8. More on the Flux-line System.
II: ADVANCED TOPICS.
9. Two-dimensional superconductivity. Vortex-paired unbinding.
10. Dual description of the superconducting phase transition.
III: SELECTED APPLICATIONS.
11. Small scale applications.
12. Superconducting Wire and Cable Technology.
IV: TOPICAL CONTRIBUTIONS.
13. Topical Contributions.
V: HISTORICAL NOTES.
Historical notes on supeconductivity: the Nobel Laureates.