Distributed Feedback Laser Diodes and Optical Tunable Filters
Dr. H. Ghafouri-Shiraz
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2003-11-07
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,029
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 342
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0470856181
- ISBN-13: 9780470856185
This indispensable textbook is written in a highly informative manner. It combines extensive referencing with a comprehensive glossary of symbols and abbreviations.
It is highly recommended for undergraduate and postgraduate students of electrical and electronic engineering and physics, as it consolidates their knowledge in this rapidly growing field. This book is a technical guide for the structural design of DFB laser diodes and optical filters, and will serve as an invaluable reference for researchers in opto –electronics, and semi conductor device physics.
- Considers the optical waveguiding characteristics and properties of semiconductor materials and the physics of DFB semiconductor lasers.
- Presents a powerful modelling technique based on the transfer matrix method which can be used to improve the design of laser diodes, optical fibres and amplifiers.
- Examines the effect of the various corrugation shapes on the coupling coefficients and lasing characteristics of DFB laser diodes.
- Offers technical advice to improve immunity against the spatial hole burning effect.
Table of Contents
Glossary of Abbreviations.
Glossary of Symbols.
1. An Introduction to Optical Communication Systems.
2. Principles of Distributed Feedback Semiconductor Laser Diodes: Coupled Wave Theory.
3. Structural Impacts on the Solutions of Coupled Wave Equations: An Overview.
4. Transfer Matrix Modelling in DFB Semiconductor Lasers.
5. Threshold Analysis and Optimization of Various DFB LDs Using the Transfer Matrix Method.
6. Above-Threshold Characteristics of DFB Laser Diodes: A TMM Approach.
7. Above-Threshold Analysis of Various DFB Lase r Structures Using the TMM.
8. Circuit and Transmission-Line Laser Modelling (TLLM) Techniques.
9. Analysis of DFB Laser Diode Characteristics Based on the Transmission-Line Modelling (TLLM).
10. Wavelength Tunable Optical Filters Based on DFB Laser Structures.
11. Other Wavelenght Tunable Optical Filters Based on the DFB Laser Structure.
12. Conclusion, Summary and Suggestions.