Nonlinear Optical Communication Networks
Eugenio Iannone, Francesco Matera, Antonio Mecozzi, Marina Settembre
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 1998-03-25
- 售價: $1,100
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,078
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 472
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471152706
- ISBN-13: 9780471152705
This book responds to the need for a coherent approach to nonlinear optical communication systems. It gives telecommunications researchers and engineers a handle on the unique problems presented by the proliferation of optical technologies in telecommunications in recent years and provides problem-solving strategies for various network functions and operations.
The product of a collaborative effort by four well-known researchers in telecommunications transmission systems, this volume covers design basics, network performance, and state-of-the-art system analysis tools and is supplemented with hundreds of illustrations as well as appendices containing the necessary mathematical derivations. It details:
- Design principles of the network transmission layer with optical technologies and fiber nonlinearities in place.
- Performance evaluation for a variety of optical transmission systems operating under nonlinear propagation regimes.
- Local area networks, regional networks, and geographical networks—their potential transmission capacity and possible problems.
- Examples of effective design from the most promising nonlinear optical transmission systems.
- The methodology for design and analysis of a generic system
Table of Contents
Optical Fiber Propagation.
Optical Transmission Systems.
Soliton Optical Communications.
Long Distance TDM Transmission.
WDM Optically Amplified Systems.
Transmission in All-Optical Networks.