Agile Database Techniques : Effective Strategies for the Agile Software Developer
$399CCNA Self-Study: CCNA Basics (CCNAB) (Hardcover)
* Describes Agile Modeling Driven Design (AMDD) and Test-Driven Design (TDD) approaches, database refactoring, database encapsulation strategies, and tools that support evolutionary techniques
* Agile software developers often use object and relational database (RDB) technology together and as a result must overcome the impedance mismatch
* The author covers techniques for mapping objects to RDBs and for implementing concurrency control, referential integrity, shared business logic, security access control, reports, and XML
* An agile foundation describes fundamental skills that all agile software developers require, particularly Agile DBAs
* Includes object modeling, UML data modeling, data normalization, class normalization, and how to deal with legacy databases
* Scott W. Ambler is author of Agile Modeling (0471202827), a contributing editor with Software Development (www.sdmagazine.com), and a featured speaker at software conferences worldwide
Table of Contents
Foreword by Jon Kern.
Foreword by Douglas K. Barry.
About the Author.
Part One: Setting the Foundation.
Chapter 1: The Agile Data Method.
Chapter 2: From Use Cases to Databases — Real-World UML.
Chapter 3: Data Modeling 101.
Chapter 4: Data Normalization.
Chapter 5: Class Normalization.
Chapter 6: Relational Database Technology, Like It or Not.
Chapter 7: The Object-Relational Impedance Mismatch.
Chapter 8: Legacy Databases — Everything You Need to Know But Are Afraid to Deal With.
Part Two: Evolutionary Database Development.
Chapter 9: Vive L’ Évolution.
Chapter 10: Agile Model-Driven Development (AMDD).
Chapter 11: Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Chapter 12: Database Refactoring.
Chapter 13: Database Encapsulation Strategies.
Chapter 14: Mapping Objects to Relational Databases.
Chapter 15: Performance Tuning.
Chapter 16: Tools for Evolutionary Database Development.
Part Three: Practical Data-Oriented Development Techniques.
Chapter 17: Implementing Concurrency Control.
Chapter 18: Finding Objects in Relational Databases.
Chapter 19: Implementing Referential Integrity and Shared Business Logic.
Chapter 20: Implementing Security Access Control.
Chapter 21: Implementing Reports.
Chapter 22: Realistic XML.
Part Four: Adopting Agile Database Techniques.
Chapter 23: How You Can Become Agile.
Chapter 24: Bringing Agility into Your Organization.
Appendix: Database Refactoring Catalog.
References and Suggested Reading.