INTRODUCTION PARALLEL ALGORITHMS
C. Xavier, S. S. Iyengar
The complexity of today's applications coupled with the widespread use of parallel computing has made the design and analysis of parallel algorithms topics of growing interest. This volume fills a need in the field for an introductory treatment of parallel algorithmsappropriate even at the undergraduate level, where no other textbooks on the subject exist. It features a systematic approach to the latest design techniques, providing analysis and implementation details for each parallel algorithm described in the book. Introduction to Parallel Algorithms covers foundations of parallel computing; parallel algorithms for trees and graphs; parallel algorithms for sorting, searching, and merging; and numerical algorithms. This remarkable book:
- Presents basic concepts in clear and simple terms
- Incorporates numerous examples to enhance students' understanding
- Shows how to develop parallel algorithms for all classical problems in computer science, mathematics, and engineering
- Employs extensive illustrations of new design techniques
- Discusses parallel algorithms in the context of PRAM model
- Includes end-of-chapter exercises and detailed references on parallel computing.
This book enables universities to offer parallel algorithm courses at the senior undergraduate level in computer science and engineering. It is also an invaluable text/reference for graduate students, scientists, and engineers in computer science, mathematics, and engineering.