Modeling and Analysis of Telecommunications Networks
Jeremiah F. Hayes, Thimma V. J. Ganesh Babu
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2004-02-23
- 售價: $960
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $912
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 450
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471348457
- ISBN-13: 9780471348450
貴賓價: $1,262Learning Perl, 3/e
貴賓價: $1,824Microsoft Windows Internals: Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000, 4/e
貴賓價: $1,140Database Management Systems, 3/e (IE-Paperback)
貴賓價: $798Simulation Modeling and Analysis, 3/e
貴賓價: $1,140Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, 3/e(IE) (美國版ISBN:1558606041)
貴賓價: $931Computer Networks and Internets with Internet Applications, 4/e
貴賓價: $1,058An Introduction to Management Science: Quantitative Approaches to Decision Making, 10/e
售價: $960Debugging Applications for Microsoft .NET and Microsoft Windows
A timely and relevant analysis of today's complex call models
In today's world of ever-expanding telecommunications options, here is an advanced-level text that covers the mathematical methods used in the analysis of modern telecom networks, with emphasis on a variety of call models such as quality of service (QoS) in packet-switched Internet Protocol (IP) networks, Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), and Time Division Multiplexing (TDM). The authors move from basic principles to complex concepts and outline the fundamental steps toward modeling and analyzing each system. Illustrative numerical examples are carried out using three computational tools, Excel, Matlab®, and Maple.
Refined and class tested for more than five years, Modeling and Analysis of Telecommunications Networks will benefit telecom researchers, students, and professionals alike, with thorough coverage that includes:
- Plentiful numerical examples that illustrate the material covered and utilize the tools described
- Complex concepts supported by extensive computations and detailed derivations
- Analytical work complemented by a chapter presenting mathematical foundations of simulation
- A complementary Web site with computational software that will be regularly updated with new examples and exercises
- Table of Contents:
Retrieving Files from the Wiley FTP and Internet Sites.
1. Performance Evaluation in Telecommunications.
2. Probability and Random Processes Review.
3. Application of Birth and Death Processes to Queueing Theory.
4. Networks of Queues: Product Form Solution.
5. Markov Chains: Application to Multiplexing and Access.
6. The M/G/1 Queue: Imbedded Markov Chains.
7. Fluid Flow Analysis.
8. The Matrix Geometric Techniques.
9. Monte Carlo Simulation.