Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (Hardcover)
Stefano Basagni, Marco Conti, Silvia Giordano, Ivan Stojmenovic
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-08-09
- 售價: $999
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 480
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471373133
- ISBN-13: 9780471373131
Current trends, architectures, and applications of mobile ad hoc networking
Mobile ad hoc networking is one of the more innovative and challenging areas of wireless networking, one which promises to become increasingly present in our lives. Consisting of devices that are autonomously self-organizing in networks, ad hoc networks offer a large degree of freedom at a lower cost than other networking solutions.
Assimilating the most up-to-date information on research and development activities in this rapidly growing area, Mobile Ad Hoc Networking covers physical, data link, network, and transport layers, as well as application, security, simulation, and power management issues in sensor, local area, personal, and mobile ad hoc networks. Each of the book’s sixteen chapters has been written by a top expert and discusses in-depth the most important topics in the field, including:
- The historical evolution of mobile ad hoc networking
- Off-the-shelf enablers of ad hoc networks
- IEEE 802.11 in ad hoc networks
- Bluetooth networks
- Antenna beamforming, power control, and topology control
- Routing technology
- Location discovery
- Energy-efficient communication in ad hoc wireless networks
- Self-organized and cooperative ad hoc networks
- Algorithmic challenges in ad hoc networking
Mobile Ad Hoc Networking is an excellent reference and guide for professionals seeking an in-depth examination of topics that also provides a comprehensive overview of the current state-of-the-art.
Table of Contents:
1. Mobile Ad-Hoc networking with a View of 4G Wireless: Imperatives and Challenges (J. Liu & I. Chlamtac).
2. Off-the-Shelf Enables of Ad Hoc Networks (G. Záruba & S. Das).
3. IEEE 802.11 in Ad Hoc Networks: Protocols, Performance and Open Issues (G. Anastasi, et al.).
4. Scatternet Formation in Bluetooth Networks (S. Basagni, et al.).
5. Antenna Beamforming and Power Control for Ad Hoc Networks (R. Ramanathan).
6. Topology Control in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks (X. Li).
7. Broadcasting and Activity Scheduling in Ad Hoc Networks (I. Stojmenovic & J. Wu).
8. Location Discovery (A. Savvidesn & M. Srivastava).
9. Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs): Routing Technology for Dynamic, Wireless Networking (J. Macker & M. Corson).
10. Routing Approaches in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (E. Belding-Royer).
11. Energy-Efficient Communication in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (L. Feeney).
12. Ad Hoc Networks Security (P. Michiardi & R. Molva).
13. Self-Organized and Cooperative Ad Hoc Networking (S. Giordano & A. Urpi).
14. Simulation and Modeling of Wireless, Mobile, and Ad Hoc Networks (A. Boukerche & L. Bononi).
15. Modeling Cross-Layering Interaction Using Inverse Optimization (V. Syrotiuk & A.Bikki).
16. Algorithmic Challenges in Ad Hoc Networks (A. Faragó).
About the Editors.