Elements of Photonics Volume 2
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2002-06-15
- 定價: USD $213.95
- 售價: $1,150
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,093
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 544
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471408158
- ISBN-13: 9780471408154
Provides a particularly good discussion of the electromagnetics of light in
bounded media (i.e., fibers).
* The only book that treats the two complementary topics, fiber and integrated optics.
* A careful and thorough presentation of the topics that make it well suited for self-study.
* Includes numerous figures, problems and worked-out solutions.
* Discusses all the topics essential to modern optical communication systems including optical fibers, quantum electronics, optical amplifiers, and lasers among others.
* Concludes with a chapter that applies the design skills developed throughout the book to realistic problems in fiber optic communication systems.
* Heavily illustrated with over 300 figures specially formatted to aid in comprehension.
Table of Contents
Planar Optical Guides for Integrated Optics.
Optical Waveguides and Devices for Integrated Optics.
Modes and Dispersion in Optical Fibers.
Stationary and Solitary Solutions in a Nonlinear Medium.
Communicating by Fiber Optics.
Appendix A: PIN Photodiode on an Atomic Scale.
Appendix B: Mode Density.
Appendix C: Pertubation Theory.
Answers to Problems.