Content Distribution Networks: An Engineering Approach
Dinesh C. Verma
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2001-12-15
- 售價: $980
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $960
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 300
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471443417
- ISBN-13: 9780471443414
The exponential growth of Internet traffic has created a huge demand for techniques that improve the speed and efficiency of data delivery. One of the most important emerging approaches in this area is the use of a content distribution network (CDN), which involves employing several distributed sites to improve the scalability and responsiveness of applications. Written for network operators, ISPs, network architects, researchers, and advanced computer science students alike, here is a much-needed comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of a content distribution network. It describes the components that make up a CDN, delineates the different technologies that can be used within the network, and illustrates how several Web-based applications can be accelerated using a CDN.
The book covers such key topics as:
- Basic architecture for content distribution networks
- Applying CDNs to different business environments
- Schemes to improve the scalability of a server site
- Commonly deployed load-balancing techniques (including domain name—based techniques)
- Performance monitoring
- Managing the integrity and consistency of data
- Different interconnection arrangements within a CDN
- Managing security and trust relationships within the network
- Comparisons with application layer ad hoc content distribution networks such as Napster and Gnutella
Both an "under-the-hood" look at how CDNs work and a guide to practical applications of CDN technologies, Content Distribution Networks: An Engineering Approach is a must-have reference for anyone who operates a Web site, manages an intranet, or needs to master this rapidly emerging, powerful new technology.
Table of Contents
Overview of Content Distribution Networks.
Site Design and Scalability Issues in Content Distribution Networks.
Wide Area Client Redirection Mechanisms.
Selecting the Right Site in a CDN.
CDN Data Sharing Schemes.
Interconnecting the CDN Sites.
Applications of Content Distribution Networks.