JPEG2000 Standard for Image Compression: Concepts, Algorithms and VLSI Architectures
Tinku Acharya, Ping-Sing Tsai
貴賓價: $1,372Optimal State Estimation: Kalman, H Infinity, and Nonlinear Approaches (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,225Error Control Coding: From Theory to Practice
貴賓價: $1,378JPEG2000: Image Compression Fundamentals, Standards, and Practice (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $844C++ How to Program, 8/e (IE-Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,805Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction, 2/e (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,093Digital Control and State Variable Methods: Conventional and intelligent Control Systems , 4/e (IE-Paperback)
Your definitive guide to state-of-the-art image compression
With excellent image quality at low bit rate, progressive transmission, scalability, region-of-interest coding, random access, error resilience, and many other salient features, the JPEG2000 standard for scalable image compression is rapidly becoming the cornerstone of today’s innovative multimedia industry.
Providing comprehensive and accessible coverage of the new JPEG2000 standard, this timely and authoritative text provides a clear overview of both the theory and principles behind the algorithms, and a solid foundation of multimedia compression techniques. Written by one of JPEG2000’s key developers, this crucial reference features:
- Introduction of the compression principles for different multimedia data-types
- A review of the current JPEG standard, its advantages and disadvantages
- Principles of Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) and its efficient implementation
- VLSI architectures for Discrete Wavelet Transform and case studies
- Details of the underlying core algorithms, code-stream organization, and formation of the compressed file for the JPEG2000 standard
- The VLSI implementation of JPEG2000 for hardware such as digital cameras, color faxes, printers, scanners, etc.
- A discussion of open issues not clearly defined by the standard
Numerous practical examples, illustrations, and related references, plus a discussion of open issues makes this text a must-have for electrical engineering and computer science students and practitioners alike.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Data Compression.
2. Source Coding Algorithms.
3. JPEG—Still Image Compression Standard.
4. Introduction to Discrete Wavelet Transform.
5. VLSI Architectures for Discrete Wavelet Transforms.
6. JPEG 2000 Standard.
7. Coding Algorithms in JPEG 2000.
8. Code Stream Organization and File Format.
9. VLSI Architectures for JPEG 2000.
10. Beyond Part 1. of JPEG 2000.
About the Authors.