Adaptive Information: Improving Business Through Semantic Interoperability, Grid Computing, and Enterprise Integration
Jeffrey T. Pollock, Ralph Hodgson
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2004-09-21
- 定價: $2,950
- 售價: 5.0 折 $1,475
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 440
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471488542
- ISBN-13: 9780471488545
$199Communication Skills Handbook (Paperback)
Creating dynamic, adaptive, self-configuring enterprise infrastructures
As many traditional integration technologies prove inadequate to the tasks for which they were designed, it has become clear that any effective EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) solution requires a new approach to thinking about enterprise infrastructures. Adaptive Information provides that new approach. This groundbreaking guide introduces a revolutionary new framework for the infrastructure of the future: semantically aware; driven by models of information, process, and service interfaces; and able to learn new behavior, find patterns, and rebuild itself for different platforms.
Offering copious pragmatic examples of how semantic interoperability already fosters new capabilities, speeds up processes, and reduces costs, the authors provide a solid foundation in semantics and describe how metadata, ontologies, and software tools are used to provide semantic interoperability. Readers learn how to:
- Organize and architect a semantic interoperability project
- Make decisions about tools
- Choose the most appropriate architectural patterns and technologies
- Achieve new capabilities, including dynamic information repurposing, adaptive service-oriented networks, and loosely coupled application connections
Complete with plenty of helpful tips, definitions, and practical examples, Adaptive Information is must reading for CIOs and CTOs, IT managers, IT architects, and application developers alike.
Table of Contents:
List of Illustrations.
List of Tables and Other Sidebar Elements.
PART 1: WHY SEMANTIC INTEROPERABILITY?
1. Semantic Interoperability Gives IT Meaning.
2. Information Infrastructure Issues and Problems.
3. Promise of Frictionless Information.
PART 2: SEMANTIC INTEROPERABILITY PRIMER.
4. Foundations in Data Semantics.
5. Semantic Conflict Solution Patterns.
6. Meta-Data Archetypes.
7. Ontology Design Patterns.
8. Multi-Modal Interoperability Architecture.
9. Infrastructure and E-Business Patterns.
PART 3: ADOPTING SEMANTIC TECHNOLOGIES.
10. Capability Case Studies.
11. Adoption Strategies.
12. Tomorrow's Adaptive and Dynamic Systems.
Appendix A: Vendor Profiles, Tools and Scorecards.
Appendix B: Acronyms and Abbreviations.