Local Area Network Management, Design
Arne Mikalsen, Per Borgesen
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2002-06-15
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,029
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 512
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 047149769X
- ISBN-13: 9780471497691
Local Area Network Management, Design and Security is a practical and thorough introduction to managing and designing a LAN. It explains the underlying technology and gives a theoretical foundation for the vast technical field of LAN management and design. Practical examples are based on the most common systems (hardware and software) on the market today. This book also gives an overview of such current trends as intranets and provides useful examples to help you develop your own.
Features of the book include:
- A practical introduction to the world's most popular network operating systems - Windows 2000, Novell NetWare and Linux.
- A look at the organisational/ business issues related to LANs and in particular the impact of intranets.
- Coverage of data communication in networks, including OSI, TCP/IP and LAN standards.
- A discussion of network operating systems (NOS).
- A description of design features of LAN infrastructure, hardware and wireless LANs.
- Security issues with LAN management, including users, backup systems and standards for network administration (SNMP, RMON)
An ideal book for system administrators with responsibility for a LAN or students studying network technology.
Table of Contents
Data Communication in Local Area Networks.
Hardware in a Local Area Network.
Designing Local Area Networks.
Local Area Network Operating System.
Management and Security.
Management Philosophy and Standards for Network Administration.