Construction Management, 3/e
Daniel W. Halpin
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2005-11-04
- 售價: $1,200
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,176
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 416
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471661732
- ISBN-13: 9780471661733
Get the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful construction manager with the thoroughly updated new edition of Halpin's Construction Management. The book reflects the most recent developments in industry practice, introduces you to the complex business of developing and constructing a major facility or structure, and examines the skills needed to be a successful construction manager.
You'll learn how to manage resources (money, machines, material, and men), contracts, changing conditions, and unforeseen events as well as about new safety procedures and the most recent industry statistics and practices.
This edition features:
- New information on value engineering, earned value, product delivery systems, and the difference between purchasing construction and purchasing manufactured speculative products.
- New material on scope of work, defining the project, and how to break the project into work packages in the context of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- A companion Web site that allows you to simulate construction operations.
- Chapters on estimating, cost control, and analysis of construction operations that provide relevant information for actual practice.
- The physical systems approach to construction management.
Order your copy today.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. History and Basic Concepts.
Chapter 2. Preparing the Bid Package.
Chapter 3. Issues During Construction Phase.
Chapter 4. Construction Contracts.
Chapter 5. Legal Structure.
Chapter 6. Project Planning.
Chapter 7. Project Scheduling.
Chapter 8. Scheduling – PERT Networks and Linear Operations.
Chapter 9. Project Cash Flow.
Chapter 10. Project Funding.
Chapter 11. Equipment Ownership.
Chapter 12. Equipment Productivity.
Chapter 13. Estimating Process.
Chapter 14. Construction Labor.
Chapter 15. Cost Control.
Chapter 16. Materials Management.
Chapter 17. Safety.
Chapter 18. Construction Operations (online chapter).
Appendix A: Typical Considerations Affecting the Decision to Bid.
Appendix B: Performance and Payment Bond Forms.
Appendix C: Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor on the Basis of a Stipulated Price.
Appendix D: Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Contractor on the Basis of Cost-Plus.
Appendix E: Arrow Notation Scheduling Calculations.
Appendix F: AGC Builder’s Association of Chicago: Typical Job Descriptions.
Appendix G: AGC Standard Subcontract Agreement.
Appendix H: Interest Tables.
Appendix I: Plans for Small Gas Station.
Appendix J: Site Reconnaissance Checklist.
Appendix K: Cumulative Normal Distribution Function Table.
Appendix L: WebCYCLONE Users Manual (online appendix).