Process Aware Information Systems: Bridging People and Software Through Process Technology
Marlon Dumas, Wil M. van der Aalst, Arthur H. ter Hofstede
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2005-09-28
- 售價: $2,075
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 432
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471663069
- ISBN-13: 9780471663065
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
A unifying foundation to design and implement process-aware information systems
This publication takes on the formidable task of establishing a unifying foundation and set of common underlying principles to effectively model, design, and implement process-aware information systems. Authored by leading authorities and pioneers in the field, Process-Aware Information Systems helps readers gain a thorough understanding of major concepts, languages, and techniques for building process-aware applications, including:
* UML and EPCs: two of the most widely used notations for business process modeling
* Concrete techniques for process design and analysis
* Process execution standards: WfMC and BPEL
* Representative commercial tools: ARIS, TIBCO Staffware, and FLOWer
Each chapter begins with a description of the problem domain and then progressively unveils relevant concepts and techniques. Examples and illustrations are used extensively to clarify and simplify complex material. Each chapter ends with a set of exercises, ranging from simple questions to thought-provoking assignments. Sample solutions for many of the exercises are available on the companion Web site.
Armed with a new and deeper understanding, readers are better positioned to make their own contributions to the field and evaluate various approaches to a particular task or problem. This publication is recommended as a textbook for graduate and advanced undergraduate students in computer science and information systems, as well as for professionals involved in workflow and business process management, groupware and teamwork, enterprise application integration, and business-to-business integration.
Table of Contents:
PART I: CONCEPTS.
1. Introduction (M. Dumas, et al.).
2. Person-to-Application Processes: Workflow Management (A. Oberweis).
3. Person-to-Person Processes: Computer-Supported Collaborative Work (C. Ellis, et al.).
4. Enterprise Application Integration and Business-to-Business Integration Processes (C. Bussler).
PART II: MODELING LANGUAGES.
5. Process Modeling using UML (G. Engels).
6. Process Modeling using Event-driven Process Chains (A. Scheer, et al.).
7. Process Modeling using Petri Nets (J. Desel).
8. Patterns of Process Modeling (W. van der Aalst, et al.).
PART III: TECHNIQUES.
9. Process Design and Redesign (H. Reijers).
10. Process Mining (W. van der Aalst & A. Weijters).
11. Transactional Business Processes (G. Alonso).
PART IV: STANDARDS AND TOOLS.
12. Standard for Workflow Definition and Execution. (J. Mendling, et al.).
13. The Business Process Execution Language for Web Services (R. Khalaf, et al.).
14. Workflow management in Staffware (C. Brown).
15. The FLOWer Case Handling Approach: Beyond Workflow Management (P. Berens).
Appendix: Readings and Resources.