Don't enter the world of Digital SLR without this book!
If you want to use your Digital SLR camera like a pro, let a pro (or two) show you how! Sally Wiener Grotta and Daniel Grotta have been covering the world of digital photography since 1991, and this book is like a private course in DSLR mastery. From understanding the parts of your camera to using the controls effectively to shooting stunning, beautiful, and meaningful photographs to editing your images, here's everything you want to know tomake your investment in a Digital SLRpay off big in gorgeous pictures.
Let the experts tell you how
Here's advice from the undisputed digital camera experts for less than the cost of a memory card! The Grottas help you choose the right model, get the best shots, edit like a pro, and produce showstopping prints from your DSLR.
Get professional guidance on
- Choosing a Digital SLR camera that fits your needs and your budget
- Understanding different types of image sensors
- Selecting and working with lenses
- Determining the right resolution for various photo types
- Using the camera's controls to fine-tune your pictures
- Working with RAW format
- Learning the aesthetics of what makes a great photograph
- Getting great shots of action, nature, and events
- Seeing how light, shadow, contrast, and color affect the mood and intention of everything you shoot
- Managing your image files efficiently
- Editing your images for professional results
Table of Contents
Part I: Assembling the Right Equipment.
Chapter 1: Under the Hood of Your Digital SLR.
Chapter 2: Choosing Your Lenses.
Chapter 3: Accessories.
Part II: Taking Control of Your Digital Photography.
Chapter 4: Mastering File Structure and Size.
Chapter 5: Making Exposure Work for You.
Chapter 6: Camera Controls for Better, More Efficient Photography.
Part III: Digital Photography Techniques and Tips from the Pros.
Chapter 7: Getting the Shot.
Chapter 8: Lighting.
Part IV: Digital Photography Beyond the Camera.
Chapter 9: Taming Your Digital Photo Files.
Chapter 10: Perfecting and Extending Your Photos.
Chapter 11: Understanding Color Management.
Chapter 12: Preparing Your Photos for Output and Sharing.
Appendix A: Internet Services and Web Sites.
Appendix B: Support Organizations.
Appendix C: Warranties, Insurance, and Repair.
Appendix D: Buying Tips.
Appendix E: Glossary.