Elements of Photonics Volume 1
- 出版商: Wiley-Interscience
- 出版日期: 2002-05-15
- 售價: $1,150
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,093
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 664
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0471839388
- ISBN-13: 9780471839385
Deals with photonics in free space and special media such as anisotropic
* Covers all important topics from Fourier optics, such as the properties of lenses, optical image processing, and holography to the Gaussian beam, light propagation in anisotropic media, external field effects, polarization of light and its major applications.
* The book is self-contained and is suitable as a textbook for a two-semester course.
* Provides a particularly good discussion of the electromagnetics of light in bounded media.
* Only book that treats the two complementary topics, fiber and integrated optics.
* Careful and thorough presentation of the topics that makes it well suited for courses and self study.
* Includes numerous figures, problems and worked-out solutions.
* Heavily illustrated with over 400 figures specially formatted to aid in comprehension.
Table of Contents
Fourier Optics: Concepts and Applications.
Boundaries, Near-Field Optics, and Near-Field Imaging.
Fabry-Pérot Resonators, Beams, and Radiation Pressure.
Propagation of Light in Anisotropic Crystals.
Optical Properties of Crystals Under Various External Fields.
Polarization of Light.
How to Construct and Use Poincare-Sphere.
Phase Conjugate Optics.
Appendix A: Derivation of the Fresnel-Kirchhoff Diffraction Formula from the Rayleigh-Sommerfeld Diffraction Formula.
Appendix B: Why the Analytic Signal Method is Not Applicable to the Nonlinear System.
Appendix C: Derivation of PNL.
Answers to Problems.