Microsensors, MEMS and Smart Devices
Julian W. Gardner, Vijay K. Varadan, Osama O. Awadelkarim
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2001-12-15
- 售價: $1,280
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,254
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 528
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 047186109X
- ISBN-13: 9780471861096
Microsensors and MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) are revolutionising
the semiconductor industry. A microsystem or the so-called "system-on-a-chip"
combines microelectronic circuitry with microsensors and microactuators. This
emergent field has seen the development of applications ranging from the
electronic nose and intelligent ear to micro-tweezers and the modern ink-jet
Providing a complete overview of microsensor technologies, this unique reference addresses vital integration issues for the successful application of microsensors, MEMS and smart devices.
* Review of traditional and emerging fabrication processes including bulk and silicon micromachining, microstereolithography and polymer processing methods.
* Focus on the use of IDT (interdigital transducer) microsensors in the development of low energy budget, wireless MEMS or micromachines.
* Coverage of the katest applications in smart devices including the electronic nose, tongue and finger, along with smart sensors and strcutures such as smart skin.
* An overview of the development of intelligent sensing devices through the use of sensor arrays, parametric compensation of sensor sugnals and ASIC technology.
* Comprehensive appendices outlining vital MEMS material properties, relevant web sites and a guide to key institutions active in the field.
Microsensors, MEMS and Smart Devices presents readers with the means to understand and evaluate microsystems. Advanced students and researchers in microelectronics, engineers and developers of microsensor systems will find this comprehensive treatment essential reading. Detailed coverage of material properties makes this an important reference work for mechnical engineers, physicists and material scientists working in the field.
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Electronic Materials and Processing.
MEMS Materials and their Preparation.
Standard Microelectronic Technologies.
Silicon Micromachining: Bulk.
Silicon Micromachining: Surface.
Microstereolithography for MEMS.
Introduction to SAW Devices.
Surface Acoustic Waves in Solids.
IDT Microsensor Parameter Measurement.
IDT Microsensor Fabrication.
Smart Sensors and MEMS.
Appendix A: List of Abbreviations.
Appendix B: List of Symbols and Prefixes.
Appendix C: List of Some Important Terms.
Appendix D: Fundamental Constants.
Appendix E: Unit Conversion Factors.
Appendix F: Properties of Electronic & MEMS Metallic Materials.
Appendix G: Properties of Electronic & MEMS Semiconducting Materials.
Appendix H: Properties of Electronic & MEMS Ceramic and Polymer Materials.
Appendix I: Complex Reciprocity Relation and Perturbation Analysis.
Appendix J: Coupled-mode Modeling of a SAW Device.
Appendix K: Suggested Further Reading.
Appendix L: Webography.
Appendix M: List of Worked Examples.