Performance of Computer Communication Systems: A Model-Based Approach
Boudewijn R. Haverkort
Computer communication systems and distributed systems are now able to provide an increasing range of services. As the timing requirements in the operation of these services are becoming crucial for the global community. performance assessment and selection of communication and distributed systems are, therefore, becoming more important. In this book, the author illustrates the techniques and methods used to evaluate the performance of computer communication systems, thereby covering all aspects of model-based performance evaluation. Unlike other books on this topic, there is no restriction to a particular performance evaluation technique. Notable features in this book include:
- coverage of all major techniques of performance evaluation
- non-mathematical problem solving approach, explaining and illustrating performance evaluation techniques
- assessment techniques for stochastic processes, single server queues, networks of queues and stochastic Petri nets
- numerous application studies, including token ring systems, clientserver systems, and wide-area networks
- substantial number of practical exercises and examples.