Sampling: Design and Analysis, 2/e (IE-Paperback)
Sharon L. Lohr
- 出版商: Cengage Learning
- 出版日期: 2009-12-08
- 售價: $1,160
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,137
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 596
- ISBN: 0495110841
- ISBN-13: 9780495110842
Varied, categorized exercises to build skills--Exercises, many of which are new, are categorized into four groups: A, Introductory Exercises, many suitable for hand calculations; B, Working with Survey Data, with most requiring use of statistical software; C, Working with Theory, ideal for more mathematically oriented classes; and D, Projects and Activities, with activities suitable either for classroom use or as assigned student projects.
Use of real data--As much as possible, examples and exercises come from social sciences, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and other disciplines.
Topic coverage not found in other texts at this level--The book discusses analysis of complex surveys, nonresponse, and other important topics. These optional sections allow instructors the flexibility to pick and choose the additional topics they want to include with the core course content.
Emphasis on the importance of graphing the data--This helps students avoid flawed data analysis.
2. SIMPLE PROBABILITY SAMPLES.
3. STRATIFIED SAMPLING.Chapter Summary. Exercises.
4. RATIO AND REGRESSION ESTIMATION.
5. CLUSTER SAMPLING WITH EQUAL PROBABILITIES.
6. SAMPLING WITH UNEQUAL PROBABILITIES.
7. COMPLEX SURVEYS.
9. VARIANCE ESTIMATION IN COMPLEX SURVEYS.
10. CATEGORICAL DATA ANALYSIS IN COMPLEX SURVEYS.
11. REGRESSION WITH COMPLEX SURVEY DATA.
12. TWO-PHASE SAMPLING.
13. ESTIMATING POPULATION SIZE.
14. RARE POPULATIONS AND SMALL AREA ESTIMATIONS.
15. SURVEY QUALITY.
APPENDICES: PROBABILITY CONCEPTS USED IN SAMPLING.