Quantum Mechanics, 2/e (Paperback)
B.H. Bransden, C.J. Joachain
•Comprehensive coverage of core material in quantum mechanics.
•Full and detailed explanations to help students of average mathematical ability.
•Additional topics covered in this edition include: Feynman's path integrals; the Berry phase; quantum dots;
quantum jumps; and Bose-Einstein condensation.
•New chapter on relativistic quantum mechanics.
•Problems set to help students monitor their progress and increase understanding.
1. The origins of quantum theory.
2. The wave function and the uncertainty principle.
3. The Schrodinger equation.
4. One-dimensional examples.
5. The formalism of quantum mechanics.
6. Angular momentum.
7. The Schrodinger equation in three dimensions.
8. Approximation methods for stationary problems.
9. Approximation methods for time-dependent problems.
10. Several- and many-particle systems.
11. The interaction of quantum systems with radiation.
12. The interaction of quantum systems with external electric and magnetic fields.
13. Quantum collision theory.
14. Quantum statistics.
15. Relativistic quantum mechanics.
16. Further applications of quantum mechanics.
17. Measurement and interpretation.
Appendix A - Fourier integrals and the Dirac delta function.
Appendix B - WKB connection formulae.