System Performance Tuning, 2/e
Gian-Paolo D. Musumeci, Mike Loukides
- 出版商: O'Reilly Media
- 售價: $1,552
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,474
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 350
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 059600284X
- ISBN-13: 9780596002848
售價: $1,680Essential System Administration, 3/e (Paperback)
售價: $399RFID+: CompTIA RFID+ Study Guide and Practice Exam (RF0-001)
Tuning is an essential skill for system administrators who face the problem of adapting the speed of a computer system to the speed requirements imposed by the real world. It requires a detailed understanding of the inner workings of the computer and its architecture. System Performance Tuning covers two distinct areas: performance tuning, or the art of increasing performance for a specific application, and capacity planning, or deciding what hardware best fulfills a given role. Underpinning both subjects is the science of computer architecture. This book focuses on the operating system, the underlying hardware, and their interactions. Topics covered include:
- Real and perceived performance problems, introducing capacity
planning and performance monitoring (highlighting their strengths and
- An integrated description of all the major tools at a system
administrator's disposal for tracking down system performance problems.
- Background on modern memory handling techniques, including the
memory-caching filesystem implementations in Solaris and AIX. Updated sections
on memory conservation and computing memory requirements.
- In depth discussion of disk interfaces, bandwidth capacity
considerations, and RAID systems.
- Comprehensive discussion of NFS and greatly expanded discussion
- Workload management and code tuning.
- Special topics such as tuning Web servers for various types of
content delivery and developments in cross-machine parallel computing
For system administrators who want a hands-on introduction to system performance, this is the book to recommend.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Performance Tuning
2. Workflow Management
6. Disk Arrays
8. Code Tuning
9. Instant Tuning