The most complete reference available for the Spring 3.x framework, Spring in a Nutshell provides all of the details you need to configure and build lightweight enterprise applications on the Java platform -- ideal whether you're new to Spring or familiar with previous versions of this popular open source framework.
You'll quickly get up to speed on the fundamentals of Spring and how it enables you to write clean and simple applications with code that's portable, reusable, testable, and maintainable. You'll also discover how flexible this framework really is. This book provides techniques that will help you use Spring in a single class within your application, in a single application layer, or throughout your entire application, from the top to the bottom.
- Get everything you need to know to build enterprise Java applications, as well as web-based applications for browsers and RESTful web services
- Discover how Spring handles transactions, remoting, messaging, aspect-oriented programming, testing, and more
- Build web applications with Spring MVC that access data with JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, etc.
- Learn about the Spring Expression Language and the framework's dynamic language support
- Consult quick reference guides to XML schemas and annotations used throughout the Spring Framework