Database Programming with Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET: Tips, Tutorials, and Co
F. Scott Barker
The topic combination of VB .NET and ADO.NET is unbeatable. VB .NET is the most popular language in which to code. And, every developer needs to understand ADO.NET to allow data to be accessed from a Web site. In this book Developers will be shown numerouse code examples that will illustr4ate how to program database driven applications within the .NET Framework. The book is aimed at both established and new VB Developers. Important topics covered include: Visual Studio development environment, ASP.NET applications, Windows Forms application, using VB .NET with ADO.NET, complex queries, security, COM interop., and application deployment.
Table of Contents
1. Developing Windows Forms Using Bound Controls.
2. Creating SQL Server Database Objects from Visual Studio .NET.
3. Viewing Data with ADO.NET.
4. Manipulating Data with ADO.NET.
5. Working with Data in Web Forms.
6. Creating Transact-SQL Commands.
7. Performing Common Database Tasks Using SQL-DMO.
8. Taking Advantage of Data-Driven Techniques.
9. Using Classes with Databases to Make Life Easier.
10. Creating Reports Using Crystal Reports.
11. Managing SQL Server Security.
12. Utilizing XML Data in Your Visual Basic .NET Applications.
13. Creating XML Web Services.
Appendix A. Desktop Development with ADO.