Delphi for .NET Developer's Guide
$399LPIC 1 Exam Cram 2: Linux Professional Institute Certification Exams 101 and 102 (Paperback)
Master Microsoft's .NET Framework using Delphi.
- Written by Delphi and .NET experts Xavier Pacheco and Steve Teixeira.
- In-depth coverage of the .NET Framework from a Delphi developer perspective.
- Master ADO.NET and ASP.NET using Delphi.
- Builds on Delphi's strong object-oriented capabilities to illustrate sound application architectures.
Xavier Pacheco is President and CEO for Xapware Technologies, Inc. An internationally acclaimed Borland Certified Delphi consultant and trainer, Xavier is a frequent conference speaker and best-selling author of Delphi 5 Developers Guide and writer for the Delphi Informant and Delphi magazines. Xavier is also a Borland TeamB member, a select group of volunteers who provide online support for Inprise/Borland products. Steve Teixeira is the Director of Core Technology at Zone Labs, a creator of Internet security solutions. As a research and development software engineer at Borland, Steve was instrumental in the development of Delphi and C++Builder
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to .NET.
2. Overview of the .NET Framework.
3. Introduction to Delphi for .NET and the New IDE.
4. Programs, Units, and Namespaces.
5. The Delphi Language.
6. AssembliesLibraries and Packages.
7. GDI+ ProgrammingDrawing in .NET.
8. MonoA Cross Platform .NET Project.
9. Memory Management and Garbage Collection.
11. Working with the String and StringBuilder Classes.
12. File and Streaming Operations.
13. Developing Custom WinForms Controls.
14. Threading in Delphi for .NET.
15. Reflection API.
16. InteroperabilityCOM Interop and the Platform Invocation Service.
17. Overview of ADO.NET.
18. Using the Connection Object.
19. Using Command and DataReader Objects.
20. DataAdapters and DataSets.
21. Working with WinFormsDataViews and Data Binding.
22. Saving Data to the Data Source.
23. Working with Transactions and Strongly-Typed DataSets.
24. The Borland Data Provider.
25. ASP.NET Fundamentals.
26. Building ASP.NET Web Pages.
27. Building Database Driven ASP.NET Applications.
28. Building Web Services.
29. .NET Remoting and Delphi.
30. .NET Remoting in Action.
Template Project. Tracing Messages. Analyzing the SOAP Packets. Client Activation. Lifetime Management. Failing to Renew the Lease. Configuration Files. Switching from HTTP to TCP Communication. Switching from SOAP to Binary Remoting. Differences Between SOAP and Binary Encoding.
31. Securing ASP.NET Applications.
32. ASP.NET Deployment and Configuration.
Deploying ASP.NET Applications. Configuration Settings. Configuration Tips. Adding/Retrieving Custom Configuration Settings.
33. Caching and Managing State in ASP.NET Applications.
Caching ASP.NET Applications. State Management in ASP.NET Applications.
34. Developing Custom ASP.NET Server Controls.
User Controls. Web Controls.