Beginning Game Programming
- 出版商: Sams Publishing
- 出版日期: 2004-07-29
- 售價: $1,604
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,524
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 624
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0672326590
- ISBN-13: 9780672326592
貴賓價: $1,045Programming Language Pragmatics
貴賓價: $1,615The Shellcoder's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes, 2/e (Paperback)
Beginning Game Programming demystifies game programming by providing clear, practical lessons using C++, the industry standard in game programming. The book focuses on the Windows API to construct games for the Windows platform and discusses game theory, including double-buffered graphics, sprite animation, and digitized sound effects and music. A fully functional game engine provides readers with the ability to create their own games in the future.
Topics covered include:
- How to use vector graphics to draw and animate 3D environments.
- How to design and develop a side scrolling action game.
- How to design and develop a top-view racing machine.
- How to design and develop a 3D dungeon game.
Table of Contents:
I. GETTING STARTED.
1. Learning the Basics of Game Creation.
2. Creating an Engine for Games.
3. Learning to Draw Basic Graphics.
4. Drawing Graphical Images.
II. INTERACTING WITH GAME PLAYERS.
5. Controlling Games with the Keyboard and Mouse.
6. Example Game: Brainiac.
7. Improving Input with Joysticks.
8. Example Game: Light Cycles.
III. ANIMATING GAMES WITH SPRITES.
9. Making Things Move with Sprite Animation.
10. Managing a World of Sprites.
11. Example Game: Henway.
IV. MAKING NOISE WITH SOUND AND MUSIC.
12. Playing Digital Sound Effects.
13. Playing MIDI Music.
14. Example Game: Battle Office.
V. TAKING ANIMATION TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
15. Animating the Appearance of Sprites.
16. Creating Backgrounds for Your Sprites.
17. Example Game: Meteor Defense.
VI. ADDING BRAINS TO YOUR GAMES.
18. Teaching Games to Think.
19. Example Game: Space Out.
VII. SPICING UP YOUR GAMES.
20. Adding Pizzazz to Your Game with a Splash Screen.
21. Showing Off Your Game with Demo Mode.
22. Keeping Track of High Scores.
VIII. ONE FOR THE ROAD.
23. Changing Perspective with Scrolling Backgrounds.
24. Example Game: Stunt Jumper.
IX. APPENDIXES ON CD-ROM.
Appendix A: Selecting a Game Development Tool.
Appendix B: A C++ Programming Primer.
Appendix C: A Windows Game Programming Primer.
Appendix D: Creating Graphics for Games.