In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself 3ds Max in 24 Hours will help you master Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 and use it to create outstanding 3D content for games, video, film, and motion graphics. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master powerful 3ds Max tools for modeling, animation, rendering, compositing, and more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common 3ds Max tasks.
“Try It Yourself” guided mini tutorials offer quick hands-on experience with 3ds Max’s key tools.
Quizzes and exercises test your knowledge.
Notes, tips, and caution s offer extra information and alert you to possible problems.
Learn how to...
- Quickly get comfortable with the 3ds Max 2014 interface
- Create, move, and modify 3D objects
- Edit and tweak the elements of any object
- Start modeling hard-surface and organic objects
- Work with materials and textures
- Explore and create animation
- Illuminate scenes with lighting
- Use cameras to control a scene’s point of view
- Render 3D creations for production
- Rig and skin objects, making them easier to animate
- Learn the 12 essential principles of character animation
- Create devastating dynamic simulations
- Add visual effects, cloth, hair, and fur
- Automate repetitive tasks with MAXScript
- Create a professional-quality showcase
The accompanying DVD/website contain how-to videos for dozens of key 3ds Max 2014 tasks, extensive sample art and models, and additional bonus content.