Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours, 2/e (Paperback)
Ben Tristem, Mike Geig
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity 5 game engine at the heart of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Kerbal Space Program, and many other sizzling-hot games!
This book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach teaches you everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
- Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Unity game development tasks.
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
- Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to…
- Get up and running fast with the Unity 5 game engine and editor
- Work efficiently with Unity’s graphical asset pipeline
- Make the most of lights and cameras
- Sculpt stunning worlds with Unity’s terrain and environmental tools
- Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
- Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
- Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
- Control players through built-in and custom character controllers
- Build realistic physical and trigger collisions
- Leverage the full power of Unity’s Mecanim animation system
- Integrate complex audio into your games
- Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
- Modify desktop games for mobile platforms
- Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your games