Networking for Systems Administrators (IT Mastery) (Volume 5)
Michael W Lucas
- 出版商: Tilted Windmill
- 出版日期: 2015-01-27
- 售價: $1,070
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,017
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 206
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0692376941
- ISBN-13: 9780692376942
Stop waiting for the network team!
If basic TCP/IP was hard, network administrators couldn't do it. Servers give sysadmins a incredible visibility into the network--once they know how to unlock it.
Most sysadmins don't need to understand window scaling, or the differences between IPv4 and IPv6 echo requests, or other intricacies of the TCP/IP protocols. You need only enough to deploy your own applications and get easy support from the network team.
This book teaches you:
- How modern networks really work
- The essentials of TCP/IP
- The next-generation protocol, IPv6
- The right tools to diagnose network problems, and how to use them
- Troubleshooting everything from the physical wire to DNS
- How to see the traffic you send and receive
- Connectivity testing
- How to communicate with your network team to quickly resolve problems
A systems administrator doesn't need to know the innards of TCP/IP, but knowing enough to diagnose your own network issues transforms a good sysadmin into a great one.