Jakarta Struts for Dummies
Mike Robinson, Ellen Finkelstein
- 出版商: Hungry Minds
- 出版日期: 2004-04-01
- 售價: $1,230
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,169
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 408
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0764559575
- ISBN-13: 9780764559570
* Shows Java Web developers how to develop Java-based Web applications using
the popular open source Jakarta Struts framework
* Sun Microsystems estimates that there are three million Java developers
* According to the Apache Software Foundation, Struts is rapidly growing in popularity among the Java community and is used by a number of high-profile companies, including Ford, McDonald's, Citigroup, Bank of America, and Federal Express
* Provides a quick "jump-start" application to get novices up and running in a hurry
* Examines the Model-View-Controller design paradigm, exception handling, plug-ins, tag libraries, and use of tiles to create Web pages
* After laying the groundwork, the authors apply the specifics of the Struts framework to a real-life, browser-based Web application that can be modified for other types of data collections
* Other topics include using Java Server Faces (JSF) with Struts, handling and validating application errors, securing Struts applications, and managing databases to store data for Struts applications
Table of Contents：
Part I: Getting to Know Jakarta Struts.
Chapter 1: Starting with the Basics.
Chapter 2: Laying the Groundwork.
Chapter 3: Creating a Simple Web Application with Struts.
Part II: Starting from the Core.
Chapter 4: Controlling with the Controller.
Chapter 5: Creating the Model.
Chapter 6: Designing the View.
Chapter 7: Setting the Configuration.
Part III: Expanding Your Development Options.
Chapter 8: Exceptions to the Rule.
Chapter 9: Getting Friendly with Plug-ins.
Chapter 10: Getting a Helping Hand with Tag Libraries.
Chapter 11: Working with Page Composition Techniques.
Chapter 12: Securing Your Application.
Part IV: Putting It All Together.
Chapter 13: Logging Your Actions.
Chapter 14: Creating the MusicCollection.com Application.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 15: Ten Helpful Extensions to Struts.
Chapter 16: Ten Ways to Find More Information.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Struts-EL and JSTL Tag Library Syntax.
Appendix B: Glossary.