PHP & MySQL Everyday Apps For Dummies
- Provides Web developers using the popular combination of PHP (a scripting language) and MySQL (a database system) with practical applications that they can adapt and put to work right away
- A 2002 survey found that PHP was running on over 9 million Web sites, and there have been over 1.8 million PHP downloads since May 2002; MySQL reports 2 million users
- Applications include a user login, an online catalog, a shopping cart, a content management system, a Web forum, and a mailing list management system
- The author walks readers through the creation of each application, offering two different versions-procedural (the traditional PHP coding method) and object-oriented (new in PHP 5)
- The CD-ROM includes complete code for all six applications
Table of Contents:
Part I: Introducing Application Development.
Chapter 1: Building Your Application.
Chapter 2: Building in Application Security.
Part II: Building a User Authentication Application.
Chapter 3: User Authentication with HTTP.
Chapter 4: User Login Application.
Part III: Building Online Sales Applications.
Chapter 5: Online Catalog Application.
Chapter 6: Shopping Cart Application.
Part IV: Building Other Useful Applications.
Chapter 7: Building a Content Management System.
Chapter 8: Hosting Discussions with a Web Forum.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 9: Ten Hints for Application Development.
Chapter 10: Ten Sources of PHP Code.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Introducing Object-Oriented Programming.
Appendix B: Object-Oriented Programming with PHP.
Appendix C: The MySQL and MySQL Improved Extensions.
Appendix D: About the CD.