Adobe Camera Raw for Digital Photographers Only (Paperback)
Finally-a book that never forgets photography is an art form
Sure, the technology matters. But you're a photographer first. If the technology doesn't enhance the art, what's the point? Rob Sheppard knows what you want to know about using Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop(r) CS and CS2, because he uses it in creating his own highly acclaimed photographs. In this book, he shares the information you need in a language and context you understand, illustrated in full color with his own images.
* Understand what Raw is and know when to shoot Raw and when to shoot JPEG
* See the benefits of higher bit depth when processing a photo
* Demystify the different Raw formats
* Discover what Raw can fix, and what it can't
* Learn to read a histogram and use it to improve tonality and contrast
* Follow a step-by-step outline to develop an efficient Camera Raw workflow
* See how double processing can actually save you time and frustration
* Learn to achieve maximum quality when processing Raw images
Table of Contents:
Part I: Capture Workflow.
Chapter 1: What Are Raw Files Really About?
Chapter 2: Shoot Raw Right from the Start.
Chapter 3: The Histogram: The Key to Raw and Camera Raw.
Chapter 4: Color and Raw.
Part II: Camera Raw Workflow.
Chapter 5: A Quick Look at Camera Raw Workflow.
Chapter 6: Workflow Applied.
Chapter 7: Advanced Tonal Control.
Chapter 8: White Balance Decisions.
Chapter 9: The Noise Problems No One Talks About.
Chapter 10: Tough Decisions.
Chapter 11: Compact Digital Camera Raw Processing.
Chapter 12: Special Features of Camera Raw.
Part III: Making Camera Raw Work Harder for You.
Chapter 13: Double Processing for Exposure.
Chapter 14: Post Camera Raw Processing.
Appendix A: Alternatives to Camera Raw.