Magnetic Disk Drive Technology: Heads, Media, Channel, Interfaces, And Integration
Kanu G. Ashar
- 出版商: Wiley-IEEE Press
- 出版日期: 1996-09-27
- 售價: $7,764
- 貴賓價: $7,376
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0780310837
- ISBN-13: 9780780310834
Electrical Engineering Magnetic Disk Drive Technology Heads, Media, Channel, Interfaces, and Integration This cutting-edge, applications-oriented book will take you from basic academic knowledge about magnetics to a proficient understanding of the most recent advances in magnetic disk drives used for computer storage. Limiting theory and mathematics to the essentials, Magnetic Disk Drive Technology presents an in-depth and highly illustrated treatment of hands-on engineering practice. The topics covered will be relevant to the disk drive industry well into the next decade:
- Fundamentals of magnetics
- Disk drive magnetic recording
- Ferrite, MIG, and thin film heads
- Magnetoresistive heads
- Thin film media
- Peak detection and PRML recording channels
- Head, media, and channel integration
- Head-disk interface considerations and contact recording approach
- Introduction to GMR, spin-valve sensor, and disk drive arrays
- Future technological trends, and more!
Highly focused and carefully organized, Magnetic Disk Drive Technology is an excellent guide for practitioners, researchers, recent graduate engineers, and other newcomers to the disk drive industry.
Table of Contents:
List of Symbols, Abbreviations, and Formulas.
The Fundamentals of Magnetism (James C. Suits).
Disk Drive Magnetic Recording.
Ferrite and MIG Heads.
Thin Film Heads.
Thin Film Media.
Magnetic Disk Recording Integration.
Head-Disk Interface (Roger F. Hoyt).
Future Trends in Technology.