Future Talk: The Changing Wireless Game
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 1997-02-24
- 售價: $2,470
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,347
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 272
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0780334078
- ISBN-13: 9780780334076
Electrical Engineering Future Talk: The Changing Wireless Game Wireless personal communications represents the fastest-growing segment of the global telecommunications market. Today, 20 cents out of every dollar in revenue for telecommunications providers comes from wireless communications. By the year 2008, that figure is expected to quadruple. A "sequel" to Wireless Personal Communications, Ron Schneiderman’s bestselling book on the emergence of wireless technologies, Future Talk delves even further into the dynamic future of wireless telecommunications and the many opportunities it will bring. This non-technical book provides a detailed, up-to-date look at the ever-changing wireless industry and its impact on the way we do business. Well-organized and easy-to-follow, Future Talk is a must for readers at every level—from engineers and scientists to managers, marketing and sales professionals, students, and technicians across industries. Key features include:
- Listing of virtually every major cellular installation in the world
- U.S. PCS broadband and narrowband licensees roster
- Directory of more than 500 international wireless hardware, software, and service companies, trade associations, and regulatory agencies, with their addresses and phone numbers
- Glossary of wireless terms
- Guide to cellular/PCS system standards
- Plus key insights to help you understand where this three trillion dollar industry is headed!
Table of Contents:
Cellular Phones and Personal Communications Services.
From POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) to PANS (Pretty Advanced New Systems).
Mobile Communications Satellites.
Desperately Seeking Spectrum.
Standards and Interoperability.
Glossary of Wireless Terms and Acronyms.
International Wireless Communications Spectrum Guide.
Directory of Wireless Communications Organizations.
World Cellular Market, by Country.