Fundamentals Of Telecommunications Network Management
Lakshmi G. Raman
Electrical Engineering Fundamentals of Telecommunications Network Management In this practical tutorial, a world-class expert shows how to transform the promises of Telecommunications Management Network (TMN) into a reality. You will find a useful road map to the development of the standards underlying TMN, and how to take the specifications of these standards and apply them to product development. Drawing from her professional experience as director of a team implementing TMN standards, author Lakshmi G. Raman shows service providers what they can ask of their suppliers, helps developers grasp key insights into TMN specifications, and provides practicing telecommunications engineers with a clear guide on how TMN standards meet the overall goals of system/network management. In Fundamentals of Telecommunications Network Management, you will learn:
- Essential features of TMN architectures and System or Network Management Protocol
- How to develop information models using object-oriented principles
- Representation of information models using Guidelines for the Definition of Managed Objects (GDMO)
- Future direction of TMN based on recent developments in distributed processing
In addition, you will find:
- A detailed explanation of Common Management Information Service Element
- Useful examples of information models to manage telecommunications network equipment and services
- A comprehensive account of interoperability in a multisupplier environment
This must-read book offers any system designer, developer, network manager, or network operator in telecommunications an in-depth discussion of TMN that is unmatched in the field.
Table of Contents:
Network Management Application Functional Requirements.
TMN Interfaces and Protocol Requirements.
Network Management Application Protocols: Common Management Information Service Element and File Transfer Access and Management.
Information Modeling Principles for TMN.
Information Model Representation in TMN.
TMN Information Models and System Management Functions.
Implementation Considerations—Case Studies.
Comparison Between Network Management Paradigms.
Future Directions and Summary.
About the Author.