Security For Telecommunications Network Management
Electrical Engineering Security for Telecommunications Network Management A volume in the IEEE Press Series on Network Management Salah Aidarous and Thomas Plevyak, Series Editors Meet the challenge of protecting your telecommunication network management system with Security for Telecommunications Network Management. Leading expert Moshe Rozenblit explains pertinent security-related features to use in your products and offers practical solutions to enable you to plan, implement, and manage the evolution of your network security mechanisms, and to better manage security components from several suppliers to ensure overall security of your network management. The book provides a comprehensive discussion of security for telecommunications network management including these featured topics:
- Overview of network management for security professionals
- Introduction to security mechanisms for network managers
- A complete account of OSI-based security management
- In-depth analysis of security operations for telecommunications networks
- Insights into how to integrate security of network management, management of security-related information, and network operations
- The latest security for all standard protocols used in network management: CMIP, CORBA, EDI, and SNMP
- Astute comparison of security options and their trade-offs
Security for Telecommunications Network Management is intended to assist network architects, operations planners, system designers, software engineers, and operations systems developers in understanding and addressing the security implications of the telecommunication management network (TMN) in the telecommunications industry, as well as in finance, large manufacturing, military, and government environments.
Table of Contents:
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
A Brief History of TMN.
Architectural Views of the TMN.
TMN Attacks and Defenses.
Basic Security Mechanisms.
SECURING THE TMN.
Security of OSI-Based TMN Protocols.
EDI-Based TMN Security.
CORBA-Based TMN Security.
SNMP-Based TMN Security.
Management of Security Information.
Security Functions and Operations.
Security Management Functions and Operations.
Future Enhancements to the TMN Security.
About the Author.