Electrical Engineering Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Communications In the past decade, the wireless communications community recognized adaptive antennas as a core technology that would help existing systems overcome problems related to spectrum efficiency and provide a vehicle to achieve the ambitious requirements of next-generation networks. The communications industry has already begun to develop adaptive antenna systems for commercial use and at the same time is working with standardization institutes around the world to produce adaptive antenna-friendly standards. Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Communications is a concise, detailed resource of information for all critical issues related to this technology and is compiled from the original published work of experts in the field. The extensive literature covers:
- Historical and background aspects
- Radio channel simulation techniques and characteristics
- Adaptive algorithm performance under a variety of conditions
- Adaptive antenna performance in different operational environments
- Design and implementation issues
- Experimental results
- Other issues such as network planning and recent novel techniques
Adaptive Antennas for Wireless Communications is a valuable reference for helping consultants, researchers, communications professionals, academics, and students gain an in-depth understanding of adaptive antenna technology.
Table of Contents:
Introduction and Channel Models.
Applications and Planning Issues.