Subscriber Loop Signaling And Transmission Handbook: Digital
Whitham D. Reeve
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 1995-02-27
- 售價: $4,520
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,294
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 654
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0780360486
- ISBN-13: 9780780360488
Electrical Engineering / Telecommunications Subscriber Loop Signaling and Transmission Handbook Digital "Reeve has, again, done an excellent job!…very accurate…defines terms in a simple, plain and clear manner…deals with very practical, real-world information…makes an excellent textbook!" Sam Fowler, Questar Corporation "…this is a much needed work that is very dynamic. Bravo to Whit Reeve!" Dr. C. David Dow, Penn Tech Subscriber Loop Signaling and Transmission Handbook Digital focuses on the technical and operational aspects of the loop in a digital environment. It provides a comprehensive description of the methods, requirements, and standards used in the telecommunications industry for digital baseband transmission between a communication system user and a public or private network. Key features you’ll put to immediate use include:
- Over 400 illustrations and tables that clarify and summarize important aspects of digital loops and help you choose the right transmission media, the cable types, and the background you need to thoroughly understand and use digital loop interfaces.
- In-depth coverage of subscriber loop transmission concepts and signal conversion, digital loop applications and interfaces, digital loop frame structures and line codes, timing and synchronization, loop transmission impairments, and more!
- Detailed technical requirements and transmission design procedures for repeatered TI-carrier, high bit rate digital subscriber line (HDSL), ISDN digital subscriber line, digital loops associated with the digital data services, and optical fibers used in loop applications.
- Comprehensive appendices for cross-referencing cable constructions, cable core assembly drawings, twisted pair transmission primary and secondary constants, and operational information for digital signal cross-connect patch panels.
- Bonus chapter on premises cabling-to help you make the transition from the digital loop network interface to the customer or user installation quickly and effectively!
Incorporates the latest 1994 industry standards and regulations—an all-in-one desk reference guide. This book will be of interest to engineering practitioners working in fields of telecommunications, radio communications, or aerospace. About the Series The IEEE Telecommunications Handbook Series consists of handy references to the practical information used by technical specialists within the telecommunications industry. These books have been specifically designed to provide technical practitioners, in the three basic fields of the telecommunications industry—inside plant, outside plant, and administration and regulatory—with practical day-to-day engineering and technical information on telecommunications systems. IEEE Order No. PP3376
Table of Contents:
Subscriber Loop Transmission Concepts and Signal Conversion.
Digital Loop Applications and Interfaces.
Digital Loop Frame Structures and Line Codes.
Timing and Synchronization.
Loop Transmission Impairments.
Transmission Quality and Performance.
Loop Transmission Media, Part I—Twisted Pair Metallic Cables.
Loop Transmission Media, Part II—Fiber Optic Cables.
Transmission Engineering, Part I—Repeatered T1-Carrier.
Transmission Engineering, Part II—Non-repeatered Digital Loops Including Fiber Optics.
Premises Cabling Systems.
Appendix A: Twisted Pair Cable Designation Cross-Reference.
Appendix B: Exchange Cable Transmission Characteristics.
Appendix C: Cable Core Assembly Drawings.
Appendix D: Operational Information for DSX-1 Patch Panels.