Internet Piracy Exposed
- 出版商: Sybex
- 售價: $950
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $903
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 448
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 078212920X
- ISBN-13: 9780782129205
Peer-to-peer file sharing (P2P) is the hottest technology of the new millennium. Popularized by Napster, the revolutionary software for sharing MP3 files, P2P has swiftly grown to include video files, images, text files, software, and games as well.
Internet Piracy Exposed provides all the information you need to share and transfer files swiftly, securely, and legally via the Internet. Coverage includes:
- Learn who the Internet pirates are, what they do, why they do it, and how they justify it.
- Know what you can legally do with P2P technologies and copyrighted material—and what you can't.
- Get the hardware and software you need to use P2P technologies to the max.
- Transfer files via e-mail, newsgroups, FTP sites, direct connections, and physical media.
- Use Napster like a pro to find and share MP3 files on Windows, Linux, and the Mac.
- Use Wrapster to create archive files disguised as MP3 files for transfer via Napster and audioGnome.
- Use post-Napster P2P technologies such as audioGnome, Gnutella, Aimster, iMesh, and Freenet.
- Learn why the pro pirates use NetMeeting and Hotline—and use these tools yourself.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various P2P technologies, and know how vulnerable you are when using them.