Managing Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Executives
Karen A. Wager, Frances Wickham Lee, John P. Glaser
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2005-05-05
- 售價: $1,160
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,102
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 528
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0787974684
- ISBN-13: 9780787974688
Managing Health Care Information Systems teaches key principles, methods, and applications necessary to provide access to timely, complete, accurate, legible, and relevant health care information. Written by experts for students and professionals, this well-timed book provides detailed information on the foundations of health care information management; the history, legacy, and future of health care information systems; the architecture and technologies that support health care information systems; and the challenges for senior management in information technology, such as organization, alignment with strategic planning, governance, planning initiatives, and assessing and achieving value. Comprehensive in scope, Managing Health Care Information Systems includes substantial discussion of data quality, regulation, laws, and standards; strategies for system acquisition, use, and support; and standards and security. Each chapter includes an overview and summary of the material, as well as learning activities. The activities provide students with the opportunity to explore more fully the concepts presented. .
Table of Contents:
Tables, Figures, and Exhibits.
About the Authors.
PART ONE: HEALTH CARE INFORMATION.
1. Introduction to Health Care Information.
2. Health Care Data Quality.
3. Health Care Information Regulations, Laws, and Standards.
PART TWO: HEALTH CARE INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
4. History and Evolution of Health Care Information Systems.
5. Current and Emerging Use of Clinical Information Systems.
6. System Acquisition.
7. System Implementation and Support.
PART THREE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
8. Information Architecture and Technologies That Support Health Care Information Systems.
9. Health Care Information System Standards.
10. Security of Health Care Information Systems.
PART FOUR: SENIOR MANAGEMENT IT CHALLENGES.
11. Organizing Information Technology Services.
12. IT Alignment and Strategic Planning.
13. IT Governance and Management.
14. Management’s Role in Major IT Initiatives.
15. Assessing and Achieving Value in Health Care Information Systems.
A. Overview of the Health Care IT Industry.
B. Sample Project Charter.