CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition Hardcover
Keith Barker, Kevin Wallace, Michael D. Taylor
This approved study guide helps you master topics on the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam, including the following:
- Computer network fundamentals
- The OSI model and TCP/IP stack
- Media types, infrastructure components, and network devices
- Ethernet technology
- IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Routing IP traffic with dynamic routing protocols
- DNAT, SNAT, and PAT
- Multicast routing
- Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Wireless LANs
- Network optimization and QoS
- Windows and UNIX command-line tools for network administration and troubleshooting
- Network security
- Troubleshooting common Layer 2, Layer 3, and wireless networking issues
CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition contains proven study features that enable you to succeed on the exam the first time. Best-selling authors and expert instructors Keith Barker and Kevin Wallace share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills, essential for successful completion of the performance-based testing items on the exam. This complete, CompTIA-approved study package includes the following:
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exams approved by CompTIA
- Clearly defined chapter learning objectives covering all N10-006 exam topics
- Chapter-ending review questions and exam preparation exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- 40 performance-based practice question exercises to help you prepare for the hands-on exam questions
- More than 60 minutes of video mentoring from the author
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- An Exam Essentials appendix that quickly recaps all major chapter topics for easy reference, both in print and interactive digital format
- A key terms Glossary in both print and on the DVD, which acts as an interactive flash-card application
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
- A 10% exam discount voucher (a $27 value!)
This Deluxe Edition also includes two special features:
- A free copy of the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Authorized Cert Guide Premium Edition eBook and Practice Test. This package provides you access to three eBook files (PDF, EPUB, and Mobi/Kindle format), more than 400 exam-realistic practice test questions, and links from all the questions to the specific sections in the PDF eBook file for detailed explanations and review.
- A free copy of the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Hands-on Lab Simulator, including 63 hands-on practice labs covering real-world network configuration scenarios in Windows GUI and Cisco router and switch CLI environments, hardware activities, network design exercises, and technology mapping tasks.
Keith Barker, CCIE No. 6783, has been working in the IT industry since 1985. He currently enjoys creating effective and entertaining video training for CBT Nuggets.
Kevin Wallace, CCIEx2 (Collaboration and R/S) No. 7945, has been a network design specialist, an instructor of networking courses, and a network manager. He currently produces video courses and books for Pearson (http://kwtrain.com/books).
Lab Simulator Author
Michael D. Taylor is the computer sciences department head for a career college in the eastern US, where he has taught for the last 10 years.
The DVD contains more than 400 practice questions, 40 performance-based question exercises, glossary flash cards, an exam essentials review tool, memory table exercises and answer keys, a study planner tool, more than 60 minutes of video, and the Network+ Simulator.