Nanohybrids in Environmental & Biomedical Applications
Sharma, Surender Kumar
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2019-07-25
- 售價: $8,510
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $8,085
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 346
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 0815367627
- ISBN-13: 9780815367628
Heterostructured nanoparticles have the capability for a broad range of novel and enhanced properties, which leads to appealing biomedical and environmental applications. This timely new book addresses the design and preparation of multiphase nanomaterials with desired size, shape, phase composition, and crystallinity, as well as their current applications. It emphasizes key examples to motivate deeper studies, including nanomaterial-based hyperthermia treatment of cancer, nanohybrids for water purification, nanostructures used in the removal or detection of bioagents from waste water, and so on.
- Presents state of the art research on heterostructured nanomaterials, from their synthesis and physiochemical properties to current environmental and biological applications.
- Includes details on toxicity and risk assessment of multifunctional nanomaterials.
- Discusses recent developments and utilization in healthcare by leading experts.
- Introduces the main features of functionalization of nanomaterials in terms of desired size, shape, phase composition, surface functionalization/coating, toxicity, and geometry.
- Emphasizes practical applications in the environmental and biomedical sectors.
Surender K. Sharma obtained his Ph.D. degree from H. P. University, Shimla, India. After spending several years in research/teaching positions in Brazil, France, Czech Republic, India and Mexico working in the area of nanomagnetism and functional nanomaterials, he has joined Federal University of Maranhão, Brazil, as a Professor of the Department of Physics. He is actively involved in research, teaching, and supervising students. He was awarded FAPEMA Senior Researcher grants, and has published more than 74 research articles in reputed journals/proceedings, 5 books as a single author, 5 book chapters and has been active in professional organizations.