Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation
Hatry, Harry P., Newcomer, Kathryn E., Wholey, Joseph S.
- 出版商: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer
- 出版日期: 2015-08-31
- 售價: $2,760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,622
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 912
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1118893603
- ISBN-13: 9781118893609
The Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation provides tools for managers and evaluators to address questions about the performance of public and nonprofit programs. Neatly integrating authoritative, high-level information with practicality and readability, this guide gives you the tools and processes you need to analyze your program's operations and outcomes more accurately. This new fourth edition has been thoroughly updated and revised, with new coverage of the latest evaluation methods, including:
- Culturally responsive evaluation
- Adopting designs and tools to evaluate multi-service community change programs
- Using role playing to collect data
- Using cognitive interviewing to pre-test surveys
- Coding qualitative data
You'll discover robust analysis methods that produce a more accurate picture of program results, and learn how to trace causality back to the source to see how much of the outcome can be directly attributed to the program. Written by award-winning experts at the top of the field, this book also contains contributions from the leading evaluation authorities among academics and practitioners to provide the most comprehensive, up-to-date reference on the topic.
Valid and reliable data constitute the bedrock of accurate analysis, and since funding relies more heavily on program analysis than ever before, you cannot afford to rely on weak or outdated methods. This book gives you expert insight and leading edge tools that help you paint a more accurate picture of your program's processes and results, including:
- Obtaining valid, reliable, and credible performance data
- Engaging and working with stakeholders to design valuable evaluations and performance monitoring systems
- Assessing program outcomes and tracing desired outcomes to program activities
- Providing robust analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data
Governmental bodies, foundations, individual donors, and other funding bodies are increasingly demanding information on the use of program funds and program results. The Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation shows you how to collect and present valid and reliable data about programs.
KATHRYN E. NEWCOMER is the Director of the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy Administration at the George Washington University.
HARRY P. HATRY is a Distinguished Fellow and director of the Public Management Program at the Urban Institute in Washington, D.C.
JOSEPH S. WHOLEY is a Professor Emeritus of the School of Policy, Planning and Development at the University of Southern California.