Improving Product Reliability and Software Quality: Strategies, Tools, Process and Implementation, 2nd Edition
Mark A. Levin, Ted T. Kalal, Jonathan Rodin
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-05-28
- 售價: $2,480
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,356
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 456
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119179394
- ISBN-13: 9781119179399
The authoritative guide to the effective design and production of reliable technology products, revised and updated
While most manufacturers have mastered the process of producing quality products, product reliability, software quality and software security has lagged behind. The revised second edition of Improving Product Reliability and Software Quality offers a comprehensive and detailed guide to implementing a hardware reliability and software quality process for technology products. The authors - noted experts in the field - provide useful tools, forms and spreadsheets for executing an effective product reliability and software quality development process and explore proven software quality and product reliability concepts.
The authors discuss why so many companies fail after attempting to implement or improve their product reliability and software quality program. They outline the critical steps for implementing a successful program. Success hinges on establishing a reliability lab, hiring the right people and implementing a reliability and software quality process that does the right things well and works well together. Designed to be accessible, the book contains a decision matrix for small, medium and large companies. Throughout the book, the authors describe the hardware reliability and software quality process as well as the tools and techniques needed for putting it in place. The concepts, ideas and material presented are appropriate for any organization. This updated second edition:
- Contains new chapters on Software tools, Software quality process and software security.
- Expands the FMEA section to include software fault trees and software FMEAs.
- Includes two new reliability tools to accelerate design maturity and reduce the risk of premature wearout.
- Contains new material on preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance and Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) to better manage repair cost and unscheduled downtime.
- Presents updated information on reliability modeling and hiring reliability and software engineers.
- Includes a comprehensive review of the reliability process from a multi-disciplinary viewpoint including new material on uprating and counterfeit components.
- Discusses aspects of competition, key quality and reliability concepts and presents the tools for implementation.
Written for engineers, managers and consultants lacking a background in product reliability and software quality theory and statistics, the updated second edition of Improving Product Reliability and Software Quality explores all phases of the product life cycle.
MARK A. LEVIN is the Reliability Manager for Product Development at Teradyne, Inc., USA. He has over 36 years of electronics experience working in manufacturing, design and research.
TED T. KALAL is a retired Reliability Manager. He has held many positions as a contract engineer and consultant where he focused on design, quality and reliability tasks.
JONATHAN RODIN is a Software Engineering Manager at Teradyne, Inc., USA. Jon has 39 years of experience developing software either as a programmer or managing software development projects.