Fundamentals of Public Safety Networks and Critical Communications Systems: Technologies, Deployment, and Management IEEE Press Series on Networks and Service Management
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-01-07
- 售價: $3,560
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,382
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 320
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1119369479
- ISBN-13: 9781119369479
A timely overview of a complete spectrum of technologies specifically designed for public safety communications as well as their deployment as management
In our increasingly disaster-prone world, the need to upgrade and better coordinate our public safety networks combined with successful communications is more critical than ever. Fundamentals of Public Safety Networks and Critical Communications Systems fills a gap in the literature by providing a book that reviews a comprehensive set of technologies, from most popular to the most advanced communications technologies that can be applied to public safety networks and mission-critical communications systems. The book explores the technical and economic feasibility, design, application, and sustainable operation management of these vital networks and systems.
Written by a noted expert in the field, the book provides extensive coverage of systems, services, end-user devices, and applications of public-safety services and technologies. The author explores the potential for advanced public safety systems, and this comprehensive text covers all aspects of the public safety and critical communications network field. This important book:
- Provides an introduction to and discussion of the common characteristics of our critical communications systems
- Presents a review of narrowband technologies such as Project 25, TETRA, and DMR as well as the broadband technologies such as the LTE technology
- Focuses on the emerging technologies that can be adopted to improve our vital communications systems
- Discusses deployment of such technologies, including economics and finance, planning and project management
- Provides, in detail, the issues and solutions related to the management of such communications networks
- Offers a complete list of standards documents
Written for professionals in the industry, academics, and government and regulatory agencies, Fundamentals of Public Safety Networks and Critical Communications Systems offers a review of the most significant safety technologies, explores the application for advanced technologies, and examines the most current research.
Mehmet Ulema, PhD, is a professor of Computer Information Systems at Manhattan College, New York. Previously he held management and technical positions in AT&T Bell Laboratories, Bellcore, Daewoo Telecom, and Hazeltine Corporation. He served in a number of leadership positions in IEEE, including Director of Standards Development in IEEE Communications Society, General Chair of IEEE NOMS 2016 and 2008, and Technical Program Chair for IEEE GLOBECOM 2009 and IEEE ICCC 2006. He also served on the editorial boards of several leading technical journals.