Emerging Natural Hydrocolloids: Rheology and Functions
Razavi, Seyed M. a.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-04-29
- 售價: $10,280
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $9,766
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 672
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119418666
- ISBN-13: 9781119418665
The first guide devoted to the functions, structures, and applications of natural hydrocolloids
In today's health-conscious climate, the demand for natural food products is growing all the time. Natural hydrocolloids, therefore, have never been more popular. With their thickening, stabilizing, gelling, fat replacing, and binding qualities, these naturally occurring, plant-based polymers can fulfil many of the same functions as commercial ingredients like xanthan, guar, gum Arabic, pectin, and starch. Moreover, certain health benefits have been linked with their often biological active compounds and high-fiber compositions, including potential prebiotic effects and the reduction of blood cholesterol levels.
Application of these novel hydrocolloids is, however, still underexplored. Emerging Natural Hydrocolloids aims to remedy this by providing a thorough overview of their structure-function relationships, rheological aspects, and potential utility in mainly the food and pharmaceutical industries. This accessible, quick-reference guide features:
- A comprehensive and up-to-date survey of the most significant research currently available on natural hydrocolloids
- Examinations of the major functions and rheological aspects of novel hydrocolloids
- Information on the potential applications of biopolymers within both foods and pharmaceutical systems
- Collaborations from an international team of food scientists
Emerging Natural Hydrocolloids: Rheology and Functions offers scientists, engineers, technologists, and researchers alike a unique and in-depth account of the uncharted world of novel hydrocolloids, their uses, properties, and potential benefits.
About the Editor
Seyed M.A. Razavi, is Professor of Food Physics and Engineering at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.