Sustainable Engineering: Drivers, Metrics, Tools, and Applications
Reddy, Krishna R., Cameselle, Claudio, Adams, Jeffrey A.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2019-04-30
- 售價: $4,270
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,057
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 544
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119493935
- ISBN-13: 9781119493938
Comprehensively covers the definition, methodology, and current applications of the principles of sustainability and resiliency in every engineering discipline
This book contains detailed information about sustainability and resiliency principles and applications in engineering practice, and provides information on how to use scientific tools for sustainability assessment that help engineers select the best alternative for each project or activity. Logically organized around the three pillars of sustainability--environment, economy, and society--it is a primary resource for students and professionals alike.
Sustainable Engineering: Drivers, Metrics, Tools, and Applications offers numerous ways to help engineers contribute towards global sustainable development while solving some of the grand challenges the world is facing today. The first part of the book covers the environmental, economic, and social impacts associated with project/product development as well as society as a whole. This is followed by a section devoted to sustainability metrics and assessment tools, which includes material flow analysis and material budget, carbon footprint analysis, life cycle assessment, environmental health risk assessment, and more. Next comes an in-depth examination of sustainable engineering practices, including sustainable energy engineering, sustainable waste management, and green and sustainable buildings. The book concludes with a look at how sustainable engineering may be applied to different engineering (i.e. environmental, chemical, civil, materials, infrastructure) projects.
Some of the key features of this book include the following:
- Provides a complete and sensible understanding of the important concepts of sustainability, resiliency, and sustainable engineering
- Offers detailed explanations of sustainable engineering practices in waste management and remediation of contaminated sites, civil construction and infrastructure, and climate geoengineering
- Presents a set of case studies across different engineering disciplines such as bio/chemical, environmental, materials, construction, and infrastructure engineering that demonstrate the practical applicability of sustainability assessment tools to diverse projects
- Includes questions at the end of each chapter as well as a solutions manual for academic adopters
The depth of coverage found in Sustainable Engineering: Drivers, Metrics, Tools, and Applications makes it an ideal textbook for graduate students across all engineering disciplines and a handy resource for active professionals.
KRISHNA R. REDDY, PHD, is a Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the Department of Civil and Materials Engineering at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the Director of the Sustainable Engineering Research Laboratory and the Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Laboratory.
CLAUDIO CAMESELLE, PHD, is an Associate Professor at the University of Vigo (Spain) where he coordinates the master programs in industrial pollution and environmental mangement.
JEFFREY A. ADAMS, PHD, is a Principal with San Ramon, California-based ENGEO Incorporated. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of California and a Certified Environmental Manager in the State of Nevada.