Essentials of Modern Communications
Mynbaev, Djafar K., Scheiner, Lowell L.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2020-08-04
- 售價: $4,440
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,218
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1088
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119521491
- ISBN-13: 9781119521495
Explore Modern Communications and Understand Principles of Operations, Appropriate Technologies, and Elements of Design of Communication Systems
Modern society requires a different set of communication systems than has any previous generation. To maintain and improve the contemporary communication systems that meet ever-changing requirements, engineers need to know how to recognize and solve cardinal problems. In Essentials of Modern Communications, readers will learn how modern communication has expanded and will discover where it is likely to go in the future. By discussing the fundamental principles, methods, and techniques used in various communication systems, this book helps engineers assess, troubleshoot, and fix problems that are likely to occur.
In this reference, readers will learn about topics like:
- How communication systems respond in time and frequency domains
- Principles of analog and digital modulations
- Application of spectral analysis to modern communication systems based on the Fourier series and Fourier transform
- Specific examples and problems, with discussions around their optimal solutions, limitations, and applications
- Approaches to solving the concrete engineering problems of modern communications based on critical, logical, creative, and out-of-box thinking
For readers looking for a resource on the fundamentals of modern communications and the possible issues they face, Essentials of Modern Communications is instrumental in educating on real-life problems that engineering students and professionals are likely to encounter.
DJAFAR K. MYNBAEV, PHD, is a professor at the New York City College of Technology (CUNY) Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Department. He has spent a significant part of his career working at telecommunications in general and optical communications in particular fields and has published more than 100 papers on these subjects. He currently holds over two dozen patents and is a well-known speaker at conferences worldwide. In 2001, he, with Lowell L. Scheiner, published a book entitled Fiber-Optic Communications Technology.
LOWELL L. SCHEINER was an acclaimed writer and editor in the engineering and technology industries. He worked for numerous publications concerning technology and design in his main capacity and at major corporations as a public relations consultant. Lately, he was a professor at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.