Power System Dynamics: Stability and Control
Machowski, Jan, Lubosny, Zbigniew, Bialek, Janusz W.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2020-06-08
- 售價: $3,480
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,306
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 888
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119526345
- ISBN-13: 9781119526346
An authoritative guide to the most up-to-date information on power system dynamics
The revised third edition of Power System Dynamics and Stability contains a comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of information on the topic. The third edition continues the successful approach of the first and second editions by progressing from simplicity to complexity. It places the emphasis first on understanding the underlying physical principles before proceeding to more complex models and algorithms. The book is illustrated by a large number of diagrams and examples.
The third edition of Power System Dynamics and Stability explores the influence of wind farms and virtual power plants, power plants inertia and control strategy on power system stability. The authors--noted experts on the topic--cover a range of new and expanded topics including:
- Wide-area monitoring and control systems.
- Improvement of power system stability by optimization of control systems parameters.
- Impact of renewable energy sources on power system dynamics.
- The role of power system stability in planning of power system operation and transmission network expansion.
- Real regulators of synchronous generators and field tests.
- Selectivity of power system protections at power swings in power system.
- Criteria for switching operations in transmission networks.
- Influence of automatic control of a tap changing step-up transformer on the power capability area of the generating unit.
- Mathematical models of power system components such as HVDC links, wind and photovoltaic power plants.
- Data of sample (benchmark) test systems.
Power System Dynamics: Stability and Control, Third Edition is an essential resource for students of electrical engineering and for practicing engineers and researchers who need the most current information available on the topic.
Jan Machowski is Full Professor at the Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Poland.
Zbigniew Lubosny is Full Professor at Gdansk University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical and Control Engineering, Poland.
Janusz W. Bialek, formerly Professor at Durham University and Edinburgh University, UK.
James R. Bumby, formerly Reader at Durham University, UK.