Modified Atmosphere Packaging of Foods: Principles and Applications
Sun Lee, Dong
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2021-02-16
- 售價: $5,630
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,349
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 448
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119530768
- ISBN-13: 9781119530763
A complete guide to the principles and practical application of modified atmosphere packaging
Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) is one of the most cost-effective, versatile, and commonly used methods of preserving food products available today. Employed in both ambient and chilled conditions, it can prolong shelf-life and preserve the quality of a wide array of items via careful processes of atmospheric engineering. The essential scientific principles underlying this technology can, however, be difficult to grasp and effectively apply.
With Modified Atmosphere Packaging of Foods, esteemed food science professor Dong Sun Lee provides a thorough and practical explanation of all aspects of MAP. Chapters covering the development, impact, and day-to-day application of the technique give a well-rounded understanding of its pivotal role in the food industry, while accounts of other active packaging methods help to provide broader context. This important new book includes:
- Detailed guidance on all aspects of MAP - from its scientific background to its practical application
- Information on how specific MAP products may be developed according to their particular engineering principles
- Coverage of the related active and intelligent packaging techniques
- Discussion of relevant food safety issues and regulations
Containing vital information for industry professionals and food science researchers alike, Modified Atmosphere Packaging of Foods is an essential text for all those working to improve the quality and shelf-life of the food we eat.
Dong Sun Lee, Professor Emeritus, Kyungnam University, Changwon, South Korea.